- Level 1. Classroom Aides and other on-campus school volunteers: This is the most basic level, and includes completion of the Volunteer Online Application, and a search of the Sex Offender Registry.
*This level of clearance will allow you to act as a volunteer in classrooms, support campus activities and chaperone day field trips (as a non-driver).
- Level 2. Field Trip Drivers: At this level, the District will obtain a 10-year driving history and DMV “Pull Notification" ("Pull Notification" allows the District to be notified any time there is a reportable traffic violation or incident that is registered with the Department of Motor Vehicles). Also includes completion of the Volunteer Online Application, and a search of the Sex Offender Registry.
*This level of clearance will allow you to transport students as a driver for field trips, extra-curricular activities and athletic events. **Clearance for this level could take up to 14 days.
- Level 3. Overnight Chaperones: We will be conducting background clearances on all Overnight Field Trip volunteer applicants. This is the most stringent level of clearance, and all volunteers who wish to chaperone on an overnight trip will be required to go through this process. It includes criminal background clearance through the FBI and Department of Justice. For additional requirements for chaperones who are also driving on a trip, see Level 2 above. *This level of clearance will allow you to act as a chaperone for overnight field trips and activities. **Clearance for this level could take approximately 30 days.
You do not need to be a John Muir medical member to participate in a clinic. Whether you have Kaiser, no insurance or some other insurance, all are welcome! .
The option of the Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment Questionnaire will be provided on all three clinic dates. We highly recommend you review the risk assessment questions (page 1) ahead of time.
If you believe you will need a skin test based on the risk assessment questions, you must attend the clinic on September 11th, and return for the clinic on September 13th for the skin test results to be read.
If you believe you will need a skin test completed on September 11th, you must plan to bring $30.00 cash, check, or money order (made payable to SRVUSD) to pay for the skin test.
If you do not have the means to pay for a skin test, please reach out ahead of the September 11th clinic to your school Principal.
If you believe you will need a chest x-ray to show proof of negative TB, please go to your medical provider or to one of these community providers.
We value your support and willingness to volunteer at SRVUSD schools, and we thank you for your shared commitment to the success and safety of all students. Please reach out to Tami Castelluccio in Educational Services at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
HOW TO CHECK APPLICATION STATUS
- If you have not yet been cleared, you will see Requirements Not Completed in small red type under the heading Volunteer Clearance Requirement Status. You may have already submitted information or you may still need to submit information. Click on the i icon to ensure you know what needs to be submitted (for Field Trip Driver, you need to both enter the required information and upload a copy of both your DL and Insurance).
- The attached examples are from my application process. The district is currently focused on clearing all Level 1 applicants first. Only after I cleared Level 1 could I submit Driv Lic and Insurance Info for Level 2. From a timing perspective, I submitted my original application on August 21. I've cleared Level 1, but not Level 2 as of yet. I've cleared part of Level 3 (overnight chaperone), but not the other part (overnight chaperone and driver).