- To report an all-day absence, please call (925) 855-5899. This number can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- To report late arrival or early pick-up, please call (925) 855-5800.
The attendance office is open from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Bonnie Brors, Attendance Secretary
(925) 855-5813; firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents or Guardian: If you are calling your student out of school due to illness, please briefly detail symptoms of illness on the attendance line. If you choose not to leave illness details, you will receive a call from the attendance office asking for more information. It is our responsibility to maintain the health and safety of our school community and we ask for your cooperation. Your student’s private health information will not be shared beyond administrative or nursing staff.
Missing the Last Ten School Days for 2023-24 and Independent Study Contracts at the End of the School Year.
Parents or guardians must notify the school regarding all absences whether excused or unexcused.
AR 5113 States that all absences which are not cleared within two days after a student's return to school shall be recorded as unexcused (CUT).
Absences must be cleared within two days of returning to school otherwise the absence will become a cut and the student may receive consequences.
Full Day Absence
Parent/guardian must call the attendance recorder (855-5899) on the morning of or within 48 hours of the absence. Please provide the following information:
1. The date(s) of the absence(s).
2. Spell the student’s last name.
3. State the first name of the student.
4. State the reason for absence.
5. Identify yourself (i.e. parent, guardian, etc.)
Partial Day Absence
Parent/guardian must call the attendance office to report a partial day absence (925 855-5899) to notify the school that a student is coming to school late. In order for a partial day absence to be excused the following requirements must be met:
Late Arrivals: When coming to school late, the student must bring a note to the attendance office or the parent must sign the student in and the student will receive a pass to class.
Early Pick-ups: When leaving school early, a parent/guardian must come to the office to sign the student out.
Failure to follow procedures may result in a cut from the class. Consequences can include a work detail or lunch detention.
Illness at School
If a student becomes ill at school, they must report to the nurse’s office. If the nurse or secretary determines the student should be sent home, the parents will be notified. A student may not be released unless a parent or guardian has been contacted. Students will only be released to the parent or guardian or emergency contact on Infinite Campus.
Make-up work resulting from an excused absence must be completed within a reasonable period of time commensurate with the length of the absence.
Excused absences include the following:
- Approved School-Related Activities
- Observation of Religious Holidays
- Medical/Dental/Optometric Appointments (with a medical slip from the doctor’s office only)
- Funeral Services
- Religious Retreat (no more than 4 hours per semester)
- Employment Conference (requested by parent)
- Family Emergency
- Court Appearance
*Excessive illnesses (calling in ill on 10 or more days) may require a doctor’s note to be excused. For more information, please see SRVUSD District Board Policy and Administrative Regulation 5113.
A call from the Districts automated line will alert parents of the absences. Students with excessive absences and illnesses may be sent to the SARB team and receive further consequences.
Unexcused absences include the following:
- Unexcused Absence (UNX)
- Excessive Illnesses w/out a valid Dr.’s Note
- Out of Town – No Independent Study Contract
- Unexcused Absence (CUT)
- Forged parent or doctor notes
- Cutting class
- Illegal phone call (Phone Forgery)
- Failure to clear an absence within two days of returning to school
Excused Tardy (EDU)
Only tardies due to illness and medical appointments will be considered excused. In order to excuse a tardy, a parent/guardian must sign in student in the office and provide a note from the medical or dental office/facility stating the reason for the tardy.
Very Tardy (VTY)
Students who are more than 30 minutes late to class will receive a Very Tardy. Students with excessive Very Tardies may receive a detention and begin the SARB process. A Very Tardy is considered an Unexcused Absence.
Authorized Attendance Clearance
Absences may ONLY be cleared by a telephone call personally made by the parent or guardian. Calls made by the student or persons not authorized to clear a student’s absence violate rules for attendance and may result in student disciplinary action.
Independent Study Absences (Pre-determined Absences)
- Trips or other anticipated absences require an Independent Study Contract Request Form which should be requested at least 3-5 days prior for a 5 day absence (5 day notice preferred). And 5-7 days prior for an absence longer than 5 days. Contracts are available for a minimum of 5 days of absence but are not to exceed 14 days of absence per school year.
- If you would like additional help or information, please contact Bonnie Brors at email@example.com or call (925) 855-5813.
- For more information about independent study, please visit the district website.